NuffnangX

Lunes, Mayo 6, 2013

Conquer Mt. Talamitam




I have a good friend, well she's super good to me (with a super wide smile), who invited me to join their trekking. They will conquer Mt. Talamitam. And upon receiving the invite my feet feels itchy to start the climb.

This is my first climb and I am super duper excited about it.
And the idea of camping on the top of this mountain makes me more excited.

I will not tell the date, shhhhhh...my boss might hear it and surely he'll gonna kill me.

From G.M.A., Cavite we ride a jeepney going to Pala-Pala. From there we ride a van going to Nasugbu, Batangas which is located at Robinson's DasmariƱas.


You're eyes needs to spot the KM 83. I encircled it ^_^

And because we are waiting for the others, picture picture!
Maka-emo naman si Dhonz

Sila na walang hilig sa picture taking :P
 
 
 
With regards to the registration, they said they have some issues. Someone asked us to register our names but didn't asked for payment. And while we are busy writing our names, a man driving a jeepney shouted "Hindi d'yan ang registration!"
And that gives us confusion. But they continued writing their names anyway.
 
And I'm surprised that we have to register again. But this time we have to pay. We saw the man who shouted us and he explained that this is the official registration when climbing Mount Talamitam. I'm thinking...politics?
 
Sir Russel, said we have to eat first before we start trekking because it will be super hot up there. He said there's no trees that will serve as shelter and we'll going to be roasted.
 
And they really don't want pictures to be taken ;P
 
My  foster parent during the climb ;)
The super daldal Erwin throwing funny jokes
 

Kain-kain din 'pag may time
That's Dhonz, me and Chelle
 
After resting after lunch, we started to walk
Wala na bang itatarik pa ang pababa?
 
And because we went here with empty bottles, we have to get water. And this is surprising for me. I feel lucky that I asked the guides and Erwin to wait for me because I want to get water on my own. Look where they get their water for drinking:

My eyes widened upon seeing this and I exclaimed "Astig!" I tasted the water and it's cold and sweet.

I felt like flying while walking back to where they are waiting for us. And excitedly told my friend that she should go with us to see where they get the water.

The bamboo bridge collapsed and we have to pass the stream. I wanted to dip my whole body because of the hot weather but we have a mission to complete. I looked up and shocked. Oh my! We have to climb up this steep foot of the mountain.
I'm not the type of person who is doing exercises or go on jogging. I am so lazy to do all those and climbing brings me trouble. No warm up? Just like Vice Ganda said, "Kara-karaka? Matarik agad-agad?"
But as what I'm always telling my self "Gusto mo 'yan eh 'di ba? E 'di magdusa ka"

Inhaling enough air and I started to climb up. I didn't have the time to take photo of it since I am panting like horse. What a fudge!

And I've seen someone is resting it inspires me to climb up in a hurry and then somebody snap a photo:
I have to bring back my tongue inside my mouth. Geez!
 
 Have to climb up again and rest. And this time I saw a mountain, and ate Lorie, the one in green shirt said the highest mountain is Mt. Batulao:
 That's Christian, both his parents are mountaineers. No wonder this 11-year old kid find it exciting and fun climbing a mountain.

After a short rest, have to go back climbing....
And then have a short rest, and while doing that they requested again for picture taking:
That's my bigay-na-bigay pose
That's the mount Batulao ;P
OK, enough of the picture taking, we have a mountain to climb

After some climbing, and the guides can hear us panting, we take a rest. I am so tired so I just take a rest with my bag still on my shoulders and take some pictures:
I don't care if my shorts will be in terrible dirt, all I'm thinking is to have rest.
 
The jump off is Sitio Bayabasan, so it's not wonder if you see guavas ^_^.
And when I saw ripe guavas, I asked Erwin to run with me to get ripe guavas. I really missed eating guavas.

And eating guavas makes me stronger. Enough to climb this tree:
There's Tarzan and Cheetah
Here's what I look like without the effect of the guava:
Malayo ang tanaw
Tired and exhausted
 
Whoah! We have to climb up some more:
I'm glad that Erwin is cracking jokes, he also played songs. I believe he consume all the sugar in their house to have the energy that he have during the hike.
 
We've finally reach the plateau, so picture-picture again:
An inspiring view of Mount Batulao. I saw Dhonz taking picture.
OK, this what I looked like, hehe!

These shoes helped me a lot.
Enough of the rest, have to move on
 
 
Mga batang ayaw sa picture


What a view...
 
 
Now I can see it, we are getting closer and closer...
 
When I felt my lungs are going to cry and before it shouted me to stop, I take some rest...
Where's Moo? (Inangasan pa ko ng baka)
 
See, if this cow can do it, I know I can do it.
My inspiration to  move on... Mount Batulao
 
My secret on how to get on the top is that everytime that I feel like I don't want to continue anymore, and just wanted to rest,  I look at Mount Batulao. This view inspires me and it makes me crave for more ^_^
I whisper to the wind, soon I will conquer you, Mt. Batulao.
 
When Erwin saw me taking pictures, he asked me to smile:
Even if I'm catching my breath I can't stop myself from giving this digital cam my big smile ;P

Almost there...

Finally...!



I...made....it....to...the...top!!!
 
OK, picture-picture....
The malayo-ang-tingin pose
The pa-girl pose
The I-conquered-it pose
The Whew-Finally pose
The Yehey pose
 

The Give-Me-More pose

The Winner pose
 
Jump Shots:

More pics:
Ito totoong stolen shot. I'm not really aware..
Group Picture ^_^
 
 

looking back on what we just conquered, what a feeling...
 
Time to build the tent:

After building the tent, picture taking ulit...
Nang makita ang kili-kili biglang...
Dumilim...LOL
 
Sobrang kakapagod mag-jump shot. Matapos ang nakakangarag na akyat, talunan naman ng paulit-ulit hanggang ma-perfect ang jump shot, kamusta naman 'yun?
 
My tent-mates:
Dhonz, Ate Lhoy, Chelle and Mine
 
Dinner time is around 7:00 in the evening. Funny thing is that boys prepared the foods, they are the one who cook while we, the girls, sitting pretty ^_^
 
I really love the view, city lights. I love the cold breeze. I love them all. I've heard the noisy cicadas and I really feel that I'm in the province.
I wanted to stay out for long but they said someone might pull me to the dark, that makes me scared so even if they are drinking in front of the tent, I stayed inside. One thing to know about me is that I didn't drink alcolohic beverages.
 
There are so many insects out there. They even saw rats.
 
And this is the moment that we are waiting for... the sun rise. We woke up at 4:00 in the morning just to witness the magnificent beauty of the sunrise.
 
The morning that make's me a strong person:

And the non-stop picture taking...
 
Jump Shots again:
Great jump Erwin, you look like aswang ;)
 
 
 

Tama na, lokohan na 'to eh:

Michelle and Me's moment:
We are so tired to move actually, that's why we made the same pose. But Dhonz insisted to make another pose so we do the McDo pose

We have to clean our mess:
I'm unaware again that there's some picture taking going on

Time for the group picture:


Upon going down the mountain we got the chance to meet the man who said just search for him on facebook and he's falcon_bausel.

He took photos of us (I get this after he add me as his friend):
So nice of him...
Aside from him and his buddy, we've met other group of climbers. Sorry no photos of them.
My knees are shaking because I am fighting the pull of gravity and thanks for my shoes it didn't let me slipped.
 
And then finally we reach the stream...T_T

Eating beside the stream is very fun. It makes me very hungry... The usual 2cups of rice becomes 3cups of rice. We have limited rice so I stop the counting to 3 ^_^ But honestly I wanted some more...
 
Back to the house where we register, that's where we take shower. It costs 20pesos per person.
 
And we cannot forget to have group pictures, posing for my eng-eng looks:
 


 
 I really love the whole experience. I will definitely do this again. I will climb up some more mountains. I wanted to conquer Mount Batulao, or  Pico de Loro or Mount Maculot....
 
I love conquering mountains.... T_T
 
I feel like I achieved a big thing. And if I didn't do it, I will feel like I missed half of my life.
 




 

This is me, Poclay, reporting ^_^

 
 

 

 

 
 

 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento